Returns of Faulty Merchandise
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please advise us by phone or email or in store as soon as possible after discovering a product fault. Please also cease using the product and refrain from returning it by mail unless we ask you to do so. We may ask you to provide photos of the fault by SMS or email if we decide this may help us assess the fault and/or organise a remedy using a service in your local area in order to save money on postage and attempt to provide you with a quicker remedy. Return of a product with a problem may result in a repair, replacement or refund.
Returns for Other Reasons
The Australian Consumer Law does not require us to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind about your purchase or buy the wrong size or colour. We give shoe purchasing advice in good faith, but cannot guarantee that a shoe will suit all feet for a particular purpose. Only the customer can know how the shoes feel, and must take responsibility for purchasing decisions.
We allow returns for unsuitable fit or a change of mind, subject to the following rules:
- Returns must be received by Just Comfort Shoes within 30 days of purchase for in-stock items, or within 30 days of arrival in store for shoes ordered in from suppliers.
- Returns are not available for: Non-Standard Special Orders (as defined in our Special Orders Policy); items without all components (footwear and any relevant box and accessories) in new, unworn, unmarked, undamaged, unwashed, unmodified condition; any already issued Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Medical Grade Footwear unless it falls under a warranty of the program or our supply has not met government requirements; items sold in a discounted "as is" condition with minor defects brought to the attention of the buyer; other reasons if we inform you prior to purchase.
- Customers must provide proof of purchase.
- Customers must pay any applicable shipping costs, which are non-refundable, and must pay $15 for mailing of footwear to replace returned items, if applicable.
- Cancellations of mail orders yet to be received by the customer involve the following process: if the order is cancelled and the product returned to stock prior to reaching the customer, $15 is charged to the customer; if the product reaches the customer, the customer pays the cost of mailing the product back to us as with a normal return.
- Home visits and pop-up shops cannot be used to return products.
Please send your proof of purchase by mail with the product/s you are returning, if returning by mail. If you pay for mailing to return a product with a problem (a defect or a delivery not matching your order), you should also provide postage receipts if you believe you will be entitled to reimbursement of reasonable costs for the return. However, if you claim that a returned product has a problem requiring our remedy by law, but this turns out not to be the case, you may be required to cover costs of delivery and inspection.
Returns by Mail
Contact us first by phone on 07 5444 8009 or through our Contact page and explain the reason you intend to do a return. If shoes require repair, we may be able to determine from photos whether they can be repaired in your area. Please note that if returns for non-defective products are missing any inclusions or involve footwear, a box or included items that are not in new condition on return - unworn, unmarked, undamaged, unwashed and unmodified - you will be charged the greater of the actual cost or $15 for shipping of the product back to you. If you claim a product is defective but it is not, you will be charged the greater of the actual cost or $15 for shipping of the return to us and again for return of the product/s back to you.
Please avoid using tape or stickers on the shoe box or using the shoe box itself as postal packaging. Instead, place the shoe box inside postal packaging such as a satchel or cardboard box. Include a copy of your receipt, your contact details and a brief statement mentioning your reason for the return. Please mail to our store address:
Just Comfort Shoes
155 Brisbane Rd
Mooloolaba QLD 4557
Since Just Comfort Shoes cannot guarantee the arrival of mail, customers are encouraged to use a trackable shipping service.
Customers may do returns by mail regardless of the way they purchased. If you have purchased in store or by phone and you do a return by mail, you may need to provide your bank details for a deposit if the return results in a refund, since we may be unable to issue credit card refunds over the phone in some cases, depending on the card type. We will aim to assess returns within 5 business days of arrival but cannot guarantee meeting this timeframe if a resolution depends on an enquiry to a supplier. Refunds will be issued immediately after a return is accepted but may take longer to appear in the customer's bank account, depending on the purchasing method and bank.
Changes to this Policy
This policy may change at any time without notice, and was last updated at 1pm on Friday, June 4, 2021.