We invite customers to compare the overall value we offer in terms of price, convenience and service combined: personal service to find a suitable solution, third-party payment arrangements, competitive pricing, free shipping, free 30-day returns, and monetary refunds for returns. Our competitive approach means our prices may change quickly and often. You will receive the price displayed on our website at the time you are invoiced, whether you buy online or in store.
Our returns policy aims to reduce risk and inconvenience to you so that you can buy with confidence.
For products purchased after April 8, 2023, we offer 30-day returns, free mailing of one 30-day return within any 60-day period for products displayed on our website at the time of purchase, and monetary refunds for returns - not just store credits.
We don’t exclude discounted items from returns - even free returns - unless they are sold in an “as is” condition with defects brought to the attention of the buyer prior to purchase.
- Returned items must arrive at our store with proof of purchase within 30 days of the purchase date.
- Items must be in new, unworn, unmarked, unwashed and undamaged condition, including their original product boxes or packets and any included accessories.
- Products issued under the Department of Veterans’ Affairs Medical Grade Footwear program or sold in an "as is" condition with defects brought to the attention of the buyer prior to purchase may be returned only if the Australian Consumer Law or a warranty of a relevant government program requires it of us.
One 30-day return with free mailing per 60-day period
For products displayed on our website, we offer free return mailing of a single pair of footwear per 60-day period (counted from the return arrival date) for a refund of the product purchase price, with the following additional conditions:
- Any item for free return mailing must be returned in a single Australia Post Flat Rate Satchel or Aramex courier satchel that we provide with a mailed order, or, if you received no return satchel because you purchased in store or the product was too large for a satchel, must be wrapped in packaging paper and have its weight, length, width and height sent to us so we can create a prepaid mailing consignment for you.
- Free return mailings are currently available only to people with an email address and access to a printer so that they can receive and print a prepaid mailing label.
Returns can be brought to or mailed to our store. To arrange a return mailing, first check you are eligible based on the above conditions and then use the following process:
- Gather the product and its original product packaging (usually a shoe box or plastic bag), ensuring that any accessories included with the product such as insoles, forefoot inlays, a fitting kit, a shoe horn or strap extenders are included with the return.
- Provide your details by filling out our online form or speaking with us on the phone on 07 5444 8009. We will need the following information: your name, phone number, online order number or in-store order date if applicable, your email address if you have one, the product you wish to return, the reason for the return and - only if you have not received a return satchel from us - the weight, length, width and height of the product, including its product box or packet (not its postal packaging).
- We will then confirm whether you qualify for a free return mailing. If you do, we will confirm the delivery company and whether the return can be picked up from your address or if it needs to be taken to a post office. Or, in the less common case of no reasonably priced prepaid return label being possible in your location, we will reimburse you for the cost of any eligible free return mailing after we receive the return, provided you use the packaging we specify.
- Write your name and contact details and the reason for the return on a piece of paper and place it in the shoe box or packet with a copy of your receipt.
- If we have provided one or more return satchels with a mailed product, pack the product in the size of satchel we specify or the smallest satchel the product fits in if we sent more than one size with an order of multiple products.
- If we provided no return satchel because you bought in store or the product was too large for a satchel, wrap the product in packing paper.
- Avoid using tape or stickers on the shoe box or using the shoe box or other product packaging itself as postal packaging.
- Stick any mailing label we provide on the package and sign any relevant “no dangerous goods” declaration.
- If return delivery will be by Aramex courier collection, click the button in the Aramex email to confirm the proposed pickup time, or contact us again if the time doesn’t suit.
- If you do not qualify for a free return mailing, you will need to pay for postage, but are free to use any satchel we have provided when doing that.
- If paying for mailing yourself, please send the package to:
Just Comfort Shoes (Mooloolaba)
155 Brisbane Rd
Mooloolaba QLD 4557
Refund process and timeframe
Returns may be done in person or by mail to our store regardless of the way you purchased. We will aim to assess eligibility within five business days of the return’s arrival but cannot guarantee meeting this timeframe if an outcome depends on an enquiry to a supplier, brand, or manufacturer.
For eligible returns, a refund will be issued as soon as possible after the return is accepted, but may take longer to appear in your bank account, depending on the purchasing method and bank. Wherever possible, refunds will be issued to the same payment method as was used for the purchase unless you opt for an e-gift card to the same value for use on our website or in store. The timeframe for refunded money to appear in a bank account for online orders is typically 5-10 days, while value refunded to e-gift cards can be used immediately after the refund is processed.
If an item you return is deemed not to be eligible for return under our policy, you may collect the item from our store or have us mail it back to you for a cost of up to $20 per product, which may depend on packaging requirements.
Non-eligible free return mailings
If we pay for your mailing of a return to us but the product is not returned, you will be charged for the cost of mailing except in cases where we can cancel the mailing consignment for a refund of its cost. If we pay for you to receive free return mailing but the return turns out to be ineligible, you will be charged for the mailing to us before the product is returned to you. If the product is eligible for a return but not a free return, any charge due to you for ineligible free return mailing will be deducted from your refund or credit.
Maximising your chance of an eligible return
We recommend doing the following upon receiving your order:
- Keep any return satchel/s delivered with your order.
- Try footwear out on carpet and walk carefully to minimise the chance of marking the soles or scuffing or damaging the upper.
- Make sure your feet are clean, and use clean socks, sockettes or stockings when trying footwear on.
- Avoid forcing zips or forcing your feet into footwear while fastenings are done up or if the shoe size or opening is too small.
- Keep together any included accessories such as insoles, forefoot inlays, fitting kits, shoe horns and strap extenders.
Customer responsibility for purchasing decisions
Just Comfort Shoes gives footwear purchasing advice in good faith but cannot guarantee that a product will suit you or a particular purpose or use. All purchasing decisions and all aspects of fitness for use, including choice of style, colour and size, are your responsibility even if we recommend a product based on measurements or feature descriptions you provide to us. You are not eligible for a return outside of our usual returns policy conditions based on a belief that we have recommended the wrong product or size.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Products with problems
If you believe an order or a product has a problem, please cease using the product and advise us by phone or email, or through our online returns form or in store as soon as possible. We may ask you to provide photos of the problem in case this helps us assess any potential fault and/or organise a remedy using a service in your local area in an attempt to provide you with a quicker resolution and avoid unnecessary postage costs. However, we may decide that the product still needs to be returned for fault assessment or remedy.
If you pay for mailing to return a product because of a problem such as a product defect or a delivery not matching your order, you should also provide postage receipts for reimbursement of reasonable postage costs, which should usually be no more than about $20. We may liaise with a product supplier, brand or manufacturer to determine whether a product is faulty. If you claim a product is defective but we determine it is not, you will be charged the greater of $20 or the actual postage cost for the product to be sent back to you unless you opt to pick it up in store.
Products purchased prior to this policy
Products purchased prior to the introduction of free returns and monetary refunds on April 9, 2023, are subject to the returns policy that was in force at the time of purchase, which does not offer free return mailing or monetary refunds. Customers who bought prior to April 9 will need to cover any cost of return mailing and will be issued with a store credit if their return meets the previous policy's requirements. Customers with store credits may request that their credit be issued in the form of an e-gift voucher that can be used online or in store.
Changes to This Policy
This policy may change at any time without notice.