What are Special Orders?
Special Orders involve asking us to source a product from one of our suppliers if we don't have it in stock. Please feel free to make an enquiry through our Contact page or by phone. Once we confirm the product's availability, Special Orders may then be made in store, or by credit card over the phone or by direct deposit.
Standard Special Orders
Standard Special Orders are orders we place with our suppliers for shoe sizes or colours not currently in stock at our shop but appearing on our Standard Special Orders List. If the combination of sheos style, colour and size is on our Standard Special Orders List and is currently available from our usual supplier of that brand under our usual buying arrangements, we will advise of an estimated delivery timeframe and you can place an order if you wish. Due to supplier rules, some styles may not be possible to order in to a particular store. For shoes we can order, a non-refundable surcharge may apply for some styles. Our normal returns process applies to Standard Special Orders just as it does to shoes in stock at our shop. See our Returns Policy. Feel free to enquire about whether a particular style is on the list. The styles included may change from time to time.
Non-Standard Special Orders involve any style currently available from any of our existing suppliers under our usual buying arrangements, even if they are not on our Standard Special Orders List. No returns are available for these orders except in the case of a problem such as a product fault or a delivery not matching the order details. Please also note that cancellations are not permitted. This kind of order especially suits customers who want the same shoe style and size as they've had before and already know it fits. These orders can usually be anything currently available from our Australian suppliers of the following brands: Alegria, Arcopedico, Cabello, Drew, Ecco, Gadean, Klouds, Naot, Propet, Revere, Rockport, Scholl, Silver Lining, Softwalk, Vionic and Ziera.
Special Orders are subject to availability from our suppliers and require full payment up front. A Special Order surcharge may apply for some products, but we can advise you of this before you decide to buy. No discounts apply to Special Orders other than the Seniors' Discount, where valid. Special Orders can be picked up from the Just Comfort Shoes store where you ordered, or the other store if you make arrangements with us when placing the order. Alternatively, we can mail your order to you for $15.
We aim to check availability wherever possible before taking payment, which can be made in store or by credit card over the phone. Orders are placed with our suppliers periodically.
- Orders are placed with the relevant supplier within a week of payment where possible, but this timing cannot be guaranteed because of supplier order minimum requirements and other factors.
- Due to supplier rules, some styles must be ordered in to a particular store.
- Any delivery timeframe indicated is an estimate only. Just Comfort Shoes cannot guarantee that delivery will be received by a certain date.
Some shoes may become unavailable after payment for reasons such as prior claims by other retailers, stock spoilage, inventory updating delays or inventory errors, and a refund will be given if a Special Order product is found to be unavailable after payment is made.
- Payment for shoes found to be unavailable at the supplier’s warehouse at the time of the order will be refunded unless the customer opts to wait until the shoes become available.
- Standard Special Orders may be returned and refunded based on the Just Comfort Shoes Returns Policy.
- Non-Standard Special Orders are not eligible for returns except as required under Australian Consumer Law for a problem with a product.
- While Just Comfort Shoes may assist with advice on a suitable pair of shoes, the customer is responsible for the purchasing decision, including the fit and all other aspects of the shoe’s suitability.
If a style/size/colour combination you want is not currently in stock and you can't or don't wish to place a Special Order for it, you can ask us to place your details on our Wish List instead to let you know if and when we have your desired shoe in stock. Just note that Wish List records are not orders, and we generally don't hold stocked items for customers for more than one business day without a purchase.
Changes to this Policy
This policy may change at any time without notice, and was last updated at 4.31pm AEST on Monday, September 27, 2021.